It also applies to the impression a visitor gets of your home. Your front door serves as the focal point that most people notice when they first approach or drive by your home. Your door speaks volumes about your home, your life, and you!
What does your front door say?
I am inviting…. I am comfortable… I am well cared for…
I am neglected… I am not inviting…. I don’t care…
Things to consider when selecting your door
- Access – do you need to widen an opening to allow for access for a wheelchair or new stove for the kitchen, or a king sized bed, or a new sofa? This is the time to consider these questions.
- Security – what is the door material, lock options, do you want a wood door with glass sidelights? Is security a concern, consider where you live for the safety of your family and home.
- Insulation – doesn’t matter where you live, you want your door to keep out the cold and keep in the heat. Choose a door that is energy efficient with proper weather stripping and energy efficient glass.
- Installation – improperly done, you can waste money on energy loss with increased heating and cooling bills. Mice can enter a home with a gap the width of a pencil, so you want to have a tight fit.
- Where to buy it – the quality of the door is equally important. Inferior material causes doors to wear out prematurely and facilitates air gaps and easy damage.
You want to make sure that the company you choose can give you expert advice in all of these areas and more.
In Darien, CT we are lucky to have a great selection of exterior doors at Ring’s End located at 181 West Ave, Darien, CT. They can help you with the selection, measuring, and installation.
If you need assistance finding the right door for your home in Darien CT, or want any other interior design services, I am available for consultations/shopping trips. Call 203-677-1161.
And for the inside you might be interested in my blog post about a French Antiques Shop in Darien CT.